The Far East Lounge is a new gathering place in Little Tokyo for seniors and others.
Located in the historic Far East Building at 353 E. First St., it’s a multi-purpose gathering place for relaxing and meeting interesting people of all ages.
At the Far East Lounge, not only you can hang out with your friends and enjoy a cup of coffee, but you can also take a wide range of classes, including yoga, tai chi, arts and crafts, jewelry making, English/Japanese/Korean language, cooking, sewing, and more.
In addition, there will be useful workshops for seniors, such as fall prevention, stress management, Social Security and Medicare, memory retention, and other topics.
• English: Every other Tuesday 2-3 p.m.
• Tai chi: Wednesdays 10-11 a.m.
• Jewelry making: Tuesdays 10 a.m.-12 p.m.
• Qi gong: Mondays 10-11 a.m.
• Sewing: First and third Thursdays 1-3 p.m.
• Arts and crafts: Tuesdays 10 a.m.-12 p.m.
• Mahjong: Thursdays 11 a.m.-12 p.m. (beginners), 12-1 p.m. (advanced)
• Senior Activities Club: Thursdays 9:30-11 a.m.
• Japanese folk song/shigin: Second and fourth Thursdays 1-3 p.m.
• Orchid care: Special event
If you’re interested in finding out more information or signing up for a class, email FEL@LTSC.org or call (213) 621-4158 or (213) 473-3035 and ask for Izumi.