SAN FRANCISCO — PAAWBAC (Pacific Asian American Women Bay Area Coalition) will present its 2012 Monarch Leadership Awards on Sunday, June 3, at the InterContinental Hotel, 888 Howard St., San Francisco.
Check-in is at 11:30 a.m., lunch at 12 p.m. and program from 12:30 to 2 p.m.
This event will honor the young and rising API women, the next generation of emerging women leaders who are creating a new vision for their communities. Over the past 32 years, PAAWBAC has recognized API heroines as Women Warriors, supported women through the Catalyst Fund Mentorship Program, and established the Monarch Leadership Awards.
This year’s awardees are:
• Carmen Chu, who represents District 4 (Sunset/Parkside) on the San Francisco Board of Supervisors.
• Leah Laxamana, a fellow of the Filipina Women’s Network and project coordinator at Korn/Ferry International in San Francisco.
• Wendy Lieu and Susan Lieu, co-founders and co-owners of Socola Chocolatier in San Francisco.
• Den Marcel Noriega Quinsay, peer leader advisor for Young Asian Women Against Violence at Community Youth Center in San Francisco.
• Mailee C. Wang, program and policy director of Project WHAT! at Community Works in Berkeley.
Mistress of ceremonies will be Frances Dinglasan, traffic anchor for ABC7. Honorary co-chairs are Mayor Ed Lee and First Lady Anita Lee.
The cost is $125 (Friend), $175 (Supporter), $1,500 (Community Table of 10) or $2,500 (Catalyst Table of 10). RSVP by Friday, May 18, by contacting Vicky Wong at (415) 341-1223 or email@example.com.
Parking is available at the Fifth and Mission Parking Garage (entrance on Mission between 4th and 5th streets).
On the Web: www.paawbac.org