INDEPENDENCE — Join the rangers and staff at Manzanar National Historic Site in honoring Owens Valley veterans on Monday, Nov. 11, at Manzanar National Historic Site.
Activities will begin at 11 a.m. and will include:
• Darrell Kunitomi presenting a one-man show about his uncle, who fought and died in World War II as a member of the famed 442nd Regimental Combat Team.
• Maggie Palchak, Paralympic sport program coordinator for Disabled Sports Eastern Sierra, will talk about her work with Wounded Warriors.
• Ross Stone and other members of the Big Pine Paiute Tribe honoring veterans with Paiute songs.
• A video tribute to veterans with photos submitted by Owens Valley residents.
• Audience members will be invited to share stories of veterans in their families.
• Ranger-guided tour of Block 14 barracks and mess hall.
Manzanar National Historic Site Visitor Center is open daily (except Dec. 25) from 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. The center is located six miles south of Independence off U.S. Highway 395. All exhibits are free and open to the public.