The residential program has the capacity to house up to 19 ambulatory seniors in either single or shared rooms. Staff provides 24-hour supervised, non-medical care and assistance with activities of daily living (ADL) such as bathing, dressing, and taking medications.
The respite care program is temporary, short-term, 24-hour supervised care for seniors. This service is available for families in need of backup care for an elderly member, especially during periods of caregiver burnout and stress or during family vacations that necessitate leaving a senior behind.
The program is also an option for seniors who are being discharged from the hospital or who have recently been ill and need a temporary place to stay until they feel healthy enough to return home. Both programs feature the following services:
• 24-hour supervision in a security building
• Three nutritious Japanese-style meals
• Adult social day care activities
• Transportation and escorts to medical appointments
• Monitoring of general health and development of appropriate care plans
• Housekeeping services, including laundry
• Regular assessment to monitor care level
• Individual must be 60 years of age or older.
• Ambulatory (able to walk independently with little or no assistance. Canes are OK.)
• Able to get along with others in a group setting.
• Able to cooperate with staff.
• Must successfully complete the program application and assessment process.
Each senior is assessed by staff. Based upon the level of care required, corresponding monthly board and care fees are requested. Current fees start at $3,015 per month. Respite care is $175 per day. Supplemental Security Income (SSI) beds are also available on a limited basis.
Kimochi Home is located at 1531 Sutter St. (at Octavia) in San Francisco Japantown.
For more information, contact Linda Ishii, Kimochi Home administrator, at Lishii@kimochi-inc.org or (415) 922-9972. On the Web: www.kimochi-inc.org