Get involved in your Japantown by attending a New Generation Nikkei Fund launch event.
• San Jose — Saturday, July 12, from 12 to 2 p.m. at Roy’s Station, 197 Jackson St.
• San Francisco — Tuesday, July 22, from 5 to 7 p.m. at Ozumo, 161 Steuart St.
• Los Angeles — Wednesday, July 23, from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. at Far Bar, 347 E. First St.
NGNF is a giving circle composed of members looking to meet a statewide need to build a new generation of donors for Japantown organizations. Envisioned by the next generation of stakeholders of the Japanese American community, NGNF strives to:
• Foster a culture of giving and volunteerism amongst Japanese American and Asian American young professionals
• Enhance collaboration and communication amongst Japantowns and existing Nikkei communities at large
• Support Japantown or Nikkei community-based organizations with a grants and a new generation of donors
NGNF is a member of the AAPIP National Giving circle Network and is fiscally hosted by The Tides Foundation.
RSVP to email@example.com or on the NGNF Facebook page. Those who can’t attend can donate through the Facebook page. More event information will be posted on Facebook and the AAPIP page.
Become an NGNF donor by Nov. 30 and you will receive your voting right and directions via email. In December, you will be notified to vote for your favorite project. All donors must give a minimum of $25 to receive a voting right. Voting right is not tied to donation amount; all donors receive one vote each.