SAN JOSE — “Golden Moment,” a figure skating show hosted by Kristi Yamaguchi and Brian Boitano, and featuring a star-studded cast taking center ice, will be held Sunday, Nov. 2, at 4 p.m. at SAP Center at San Jose, 525 W. Santa Clara St., San Jose.
Following her victory at the 1992 Winter Olympics, Yamaguchi founded the Always Dream Foundation to support the lives of children through educational and recreational initiatives. For almost 20 years, she has championed the foundation, continuing to inspire children and supporting the local community.
“Golden Moment” is more than just another figure skating show; proceeds will support the foundation’s early childhood literacy program, Always Reading. Over 4,000 students and their families will attend free of charge, by participating in the Always Reading incentive program and reading books with their parents during the months of September and October.
The cast includes:
• Jeremy Abbott, four-time U.S. champion
• Tanith Belgin and Ben Agosto, 2006 Olympic silver medalists
• Ryan Bradley, 2011 U.S. champion
• Karen Chen, 2012 U.S. novice champion
• Meryl Davis and Charlie White, 2014 Olympic gold medalists
• Polina Edmunds, 2014 U.S. Nationals silver medalist
• Gracie Gold, 2014 U.S. champion
• Ekaterina Gordeeva, two-time (1988, 1994) Olympic gold medalist
• Dorothy Hamill, 1976 Olympic gold medalist
• Nancy Kerrigan, 1994 Olympic silver medalist
• Evan Lysacek, 2010 Olympic gold medalist
• Mirai Nagasu, 2008 U.S. champion
• Yuka Sato, 1994 world champion
Adobe and PWC are presenting sponsors; The Fairmont San Jose (which is offering a special rate for “Golden Moment” guests) and San Jose Arena Authority are official sponsors; NBC 11, International Figure Skating, Live SV, Diablo Magazine, SanJose.com, KBay 94.5 and Mix 106.5 are media sponsors.
Tickets go on sale Monday, Sept. 15, at 9 a.m. Prices are $200 (reserved for sponsors), $150, $100 and $50. For more information, visit www.alwaysdream.org.