SAN DIEGO — The Buddhist Temple of San Diego invites to the public to its biggest fundraiser of the year, the annual Japanese Cultural Bazaar, on Sunday, June 2, from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.
The bazaar will feature:
• Tasty ethnic food, including teriyaki chicken, chow mein, tacos and sushi
• Demonstrations and displays of ikebana and sumie-e
• Performances of taiko (by BTSD Taiko and San Diego Taiko), Japanese classical dance and koto, and demonstrations of judo, kendo and karate
• Kids’ crafts and games, plus a children’s fashion show
• Silent auction, door prizes, and an opportunity drawing for cash and many other prizes
• An introduction to Buddhism
Each year, the Japanese Cultural Bazaar Committee ties in a theme that is seen throughout the bazaar. This year’s theme is “Hana” (flower). Visitors will see various “hana” displays and crafts, as well as a project that the Dharma School students put together for this event.
The temple is located at 2929 Market St., San Diego. For more information, call (619) 239-0896, email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.btsd.net.